Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Lemon Pound Cake

Since summer has been off to a great start traveling and relaxing, I have been looking to bake some more (another guilty pleasure of mine). Because of this, the Lemon Pound Cake was born and I am in love. Perfectly lemon-y and sweet, this cake was eaten up quickly in my house!
Here's what I did!

Ingredients
For the Cake:
1 Cup Unsalted Butter
I Cup Granulated Sugar
1 1/3 Cup Self- Raising Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
4 Large Eggs
4 Tbsp Milk
Grated Zest of 2 Lemons

For the Drizzle:
Juice of 2 Lemons
 1 1/2 Cups Confectioners Sugar

Directions:
Mix together the Unsalted Butter, Granulated Sugar, Self- Raising Flour, Baking Powder, Eggs, Milk, and the Zest of 2 Lemons. Mix well and place into a greased pan for 40-45 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Whilst the cake is baking and has around 15 minutes left, mix together the juice of the two lemons and the confectioners sugar. When the cake comes out golden brown while still warm, poke various holes in the cake and pour the drizzle on top and enjoy!

*Sorry for the lack of pictures, it was gone before I knew it!

Enjoy!!
xx








No comments:

Post a Comment